- Upstate Medical University, Current
- Texas A&M University, Aug 2012
- Master of Science, Health Physics
- Tarleton State University, Dec 2008, Magna Cum Laude
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science, Physics
- Incident Investigation
- Radiation Protection Program Review
- Certified Health Physicist
Programming and Computer Science
- N42 (XML), Perl, C/C++
- Various assembly languages, Java, SQL, others
- Hearn, G. C., & Rogers, A. (2015). Search and Recovery Efforts by the State of Texas to Locate Missing Radioactive Sources.
- Safety and Security of Radioactive Sources: Maintaining Continuous Global Control of Sources throughout Their Life Cycle. 567.
- Grypp, M. D., Marianno, C. M., Poston, J. W., & Hearn, G. C. (2014). Design of a spreader bar crane-mounted gamma-ray radiation detection system.
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment. 743, 1-4.
- Hearn, G., Marianno, C., Khatri, S., & Grypp, M. (2014). List Mode with the ORTEC digiBASE-E.
- Health Physics. 106(2), S12-S15.
- Hearn, G. C. (2012). Mutable Detector Array Software for the Detection of Gamma Emissions in Classrooms and the Field.
- Texas A & M University. Master's Thesis.
- Nooshabadi, F., Hearn, G., Lints, T., & Maitland, K. C. (2012). Neural imaging in songbirds using fiber optic fluorescence microscopy.
- Paper presented at the Photonic Therapeutics and Diagnostics VIII Conference.
- Graduate Research Assistant and MD/PhD Student, May 2018 - Present, Upstate Medical University
- Bioinformatics work in R
- It's medical school...
- Incident Investigator, August 2012 - May 2018, Surveillance Section, Texas Department of State Health Services
- Investigating complaints and incidents regarding ionizing radiation
- Performing field audits of medical, industrial, and research sites
- Fielding concerns and technical assistance requests from citizens, companies, and other agencies
- Deliverator, July 2014 - April 2015, Austin's Pizza
- Delivering Pizza
- Making Pizza
- Eating Pizza
- Student Technician I, June 2012 - August 2012, Nuclear Science Center, Texas A&M University
- Conducting health physics surveys and maintaining equipment
- Managing low level waste disposal/release
- Packing and shipping nuclear material
- Graduate Assistant - Research, May 2010 - May 2012, Nuclear Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- Creating software for radiation detection
- Conducting research/gathering data in the field
- Graduate Assistant - Teaching, September 2009 - May 2010, Nuclear Engineering, Texas
A&M University, College Station, TX
- Grading student homework
- Coordinating distance learning technology
- Student Technician II, May 2006 - February 2009, TIAER, Tarleton State University,
- Providing computer technical support
- Student Technician, January 2006 - December 2007, Ceramics & Jewelry Lab, Tarleton State
University, Stephenville, TX
- Running labs
- Instructing and assisting students with assignments
References available upon request.